Jana Henry, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
EMDR Certified Therapist
Phone: (281) 940-8515
Email: [email protected]
West Houston Counseling Center, PLLC
633 East Fernhurst Drive, Suite 1102
Katy, TX 77450
Frequently Asked Questions
- When are appointments with Jana available?
Jana has appointment availability Monday - Thursday. Some Monday evening appointments are available. To schedule an appointment, please call (281) 940-8515.
- How long does each session last?
Sessions usually last between 50-55 minutes.
- How often do clients usually come in for counseling?
Typically, clients schedule counseling appointments once a week, but at times, treatment can be more or less frequent. This is discussed during the initial session.
- How long does therapy last?
The length of treatment generally depends on why you're being seen. It may take only weeks to help you cope with a short-term situation. Or, treatment may last a year or longer if you have a chronic mental illness or other long-term concerns.
The number of sessions you need and how frequently you need to see your therapist depends on such factors as your particular mental illness or situation, the severity of your symptoms, how long you've had symptoms or have been dealing with your situation, how quickly you make progress, and how much support you receive from family members and others.
- Does Jana see walk-in clients?
No. All clients need to schedule an appointment by calling (281) 940-8515. You will need to provide your name, contact phone number, and date of birth to schedule an appointment.
- What insurance plans does Jana accept?
Currently, Jana is only accepting self-pay clients.
If lower cost counseling options with graduate students are needed, please visit the West Houston Counseling Center's website for more information.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
You are welcome to use cash, personal checks, Visa, Master Card, or Discover. All sessions are expected to be paid for at the time of service.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Clients that need to cancel or reschedule appointments should please give a 24-hour advance notice or you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
- What are the rates?
$165 / session
- Is everything we discuss confidential?
Confidentiality is a key part of the counseling process; however, there are a few things that are not covered by counselor/client confidentiality including:
- Threatening to harm yourself or commit suicide
- Threatening to harm or take the life of another person
- Admitting to abusing a child or a vulnerable adult (someone over age 18 who is hospitalized or made vulnerable by a disability)
- Signing a release of information form
- Can Jana provide counseling services online?
It can be appropriate to have counseling services online. Jana's online office is www.doxy.me/janahenrylpc.
- What should I expect during therapy?
Every therapy session is unique and caters to each individual or couple and their specific goals. It is standard to discuss the primary issues and concerns in your life during therapy sessions. Therapy can be short-term, focusing on a specific issue, or longer-term, addressing more complex issues or ongoing personal growth. There may be times when you are asked to take certain actions outside of the therapy sessions, such as reading a relevant book or keeping records to track certain behaviors. It is important to process what has been discussed and integrate it into your life between sessions. For therapy to be most effective you must be an active participant, both during and between the sessions. People seeking psychotherapy are willing to take responsibility for their actions, work towards self-change and create greater awareness in their lives.
Here are some things you can expect out of therapy:
- Compassion, respect and understanding
- Perspectives to illuminate persistent patterns and negative feelings
- Real strategies for enacting positive change
- Effective and proven techniques along with practical guidance